SKU (ISBN): 9781736158104
Randy Linville | Nancy Lovell
Binding: Cloth Text
Publisher: Dexterity LLC
A practical guide and compass to creating a life with purpose, full of timeless wisdom from a successful agriculture CEO and leader who navigated his own transitions toward action with meaning.
Most people live with no plan until they come to a day when they question everything. Money, status, power . . . suddenly all pale in comparison to the need for meaning. At that point, getting a plan is everything.
Randy Linville was CEO of a global company when he came to his struggle between money and meaning. This is the story of what he learned on the road to true purpose and satisfaction. Don’t expect a typical CEO memoir. Plan of Action is less about Linville’s career than the accumulated wisdom that got him through it and is taking him beyond.
From a front-row seat in the business world, and with spiritual insight that transcends business, readers of Plan of Action gain practical wisdom in a refreshing perspective. Linville reveals how a Kansas farmer’s son became CEO of a global company . . . and a cynic became a believer.
Plan of Action chapters form four sections: Reboot, Resolve, Respond, and Recharge:
1. Dream Again: An End to Smoldering Discontentment
2. Learn to Pray: This Day and in Eternity
3. Innovate: Old Steps, New Dance
4. Choose: God’s Will and Your Call
5. Be Intentional: In Writing
6. Focus: Right Work, Right Time
7. Go Together: The Outsized Power of Shared Purpose
8. Be Bold: Do Things That Take Your Breath Away
9. Master the Daily: Readiness is Stewardship
10. Pause to Advance: Look, Listen, Rest
11. Pay Wisdom Forward: Leave More Than Silence
12. Practice Gratitude: Of Masters, Mentors, and Peers
Plan of Action is ideal for college graduates just beginning their careers and for the mid-career executive wanting purpose-filled work. Christian business leaders, pastors, ministry leaders, life coaches, and career counselors will all find Plan of Action a helpful resource for themselves–and for the colleagues, students, mentees, and friends they counsel.
Plan of Action is an indispensable compass–a guidebook of leading voices and hard-won markers on the road to dreams that come true and stay that way.
2 in stock (additional units can be purchased)